The Arkansas Cannabis Industry Association (ACIA) is hosting their second official ACIA endorsed cannabis dispensary agent training in Arkansas. The training will be Sunday, March 11th, 2018 from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM at the Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport Conference Center at 3201 Bankhead Drive. Tickets are available through eventbrite.
Over 500 attended the first ACIA Dispensary Agent Training in Fort Smith, Arkansas on January 19th, 2018. The training seminar includes courses by health and dispensary professionals from Arkansas and across the United States. Attendees will learn the essential skills to professionally and compassionately consult critically-ill patients and anticipate their needs. Attendees will be provided an ACIA certificate of completion and placed into a job pool available to future cultivation and dispensary license holders.
“Our goal is to help shape a responsible and patient-focused Arkansas industry by preparing health professionals and dispensary agents for real-world scenarios. It is essential to do this now so that when the services become available in 2018, Arkansas dispensaries will be able to handle the demand for quality care,” said Corey Hunt, Chair of Patient Advocacy for ACIA.
Special guest speakers include an Arkansas registered nurse, Arkansas licensed pharmacist, former professor from University of Central Arkansas, former Washington state dispensary manager, and current medical cannabis educator from California.
The ACIA Dispensary Agent Training includes:
- State compliance, tips, and techniques for job seekers arcawith Miles Crawford, from ARCannabis.Job.
- Introduction to cannabis analysis with Kyle Felling Ph.D.
- Limiting side effects and interactions with Josh Winningham, Pharm.D
- Nursing considerations with Kerry Felling, RN BSN
- A guide to compassionate patient consulting: Essential skills for Arkansas dispensary agents with Sara Payan, Director of Education at the Apothecarium in San Francisco
- Medical cannabis inventory management with Derrick Bryant
- Complete walkthrough of entry level dispensary and cultivation jobs
Attendees will have the option to add a 90 minute cultivation and harvesting training at the end of the Dispensary Agent Training. This will be especially important to those who want to work as cultivators, and extraction technicians.
ABOUT Arkansas Cannabis Industry Association (ACIA)
The Arkansas Cannabis Industry Association is a cannabis industry trade association advocating for laws,regulations and public policies that foster a healthy, professional and accountable medical cannabis industry in our state.
For press inquiries, please contact the ACIA at 501-238-1800