Research surrounding medicinal cannabis has been accelerating over the past several decades, and this growth in knowledge has been accompanied by a similar rise in patient use. Given the novelty of both the science and patient experiences, the majority of medical professionals are unaware of the true potential of medicinal cannabis.
The Marijuana for Medical Professionals Conference seeks to close the knowledge gap and educate hundreds of doctors about the scope of the research and patient results.
The Conference is an endeavor by Sarara Corva and Martha Montemayor, who identified the critical need for doctor education. Thousands of patients are now reaching out to their doctors about cannabis as a legitimate medical option, and too many of these medical professionals cannot offer sound advice.
As Colorado’s first CME Certified Conference on cannabis medicine (offering 17.5 credits), hundreds of doctors will receive education on how to most effectively help patients with cannabis. The Marijuana for Medical Professionals Conference takes place September 9-11 in Denver.
The scheduled speakers makes this Conference truly special.
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, the Israeli researcher who discovered THC, will be delivering an hour-long presentation via Skype on the first day of the conference.
- Dr. Lester Grinspoon, an Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, will also be presenting via Skype.
- Dr. Donald Abrams will be giving a live one hour presentation about cannabis in oncology.
These three doctors are among the most respected in the movement, but they are far from the only ones who distinguish this Conference.
- Dr. Jeffrey Hergenrather, the President of The Society of Cannabis Clinicians and who has previously presented on cannabis fighting cancer in humans will be talking about geriatric use.
- Dr. William Courtney will be presenting on the merits of raw cannabis with his wife Kristen, who used juiced cannabis to put her advanced lupus into remission.
- Mara Gordon of Aunt Zelda’s will discuss pediatric cancers treated with cannabis oil. Mara is featured in Weed the People, Ricki Lake’s film about cannabis killing cancer, and has documented child patient Sophie Ryan featured in the cannabis journal O’Shaugnessy’s.
- Another notable speaker is Mary Lynn Mathre, the President of Patients Out of Time, which she co-founded along with the five existing medical marijuana patients and other medical professionals.
There is currently a lack of understanding in the medical community when it comes to the endocannabinoid system. We’re just happy that doctors are finally recognizing the need for education and the need to bring the science of cannabis to the medical community.
Mary Lynn Mathre, Patients Out of Time
This Conference has unprecedented potential to change the world. Hundreds of doctors will hear from a variety of credible sources that cannabis extracts are actually fighting cancer in humans, along with significantly benefiting a number of other diseases. Doctors will learn to implement what works in their own practices, and much more effectively treat their patients.
Most importantly, doctors will likely be inspired to quicken clinical trials, so cannabis medicine’s efficacy can be proven once and for all. Whatever happens, there is no doubt the Marijuana for Medical Professionals Conference is going to be a major event in cannabis history.
To register for this amazing Conference or to view a complete list of presenters click here.
UPDATE: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment will be attending. CO Dept. of Health Director Dr. Larry Wolk will even be giving the opening remarks. The Department’s participation will finally allow a state government to see first hand what is really going on with cannabis medicine.