Skill level: Medium
Cook time: 5-6 hours
- 2½ ounces/70 g high-quality cannabis flower*
- 3⅕ cups/750 ml Everclear 151 or 190 proof grain alcohol
- DO NOT ADD WATER!
CAUTION: MATERIALS ARE HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. Could cause injury. Never use an open flame, natural gas or propane burner, or permit smoking around the cooking process.
When using the MagicalButter Machine, it is important to decarboxylate cannabis first by heating it in the oven, as the machine’s temperature does not reach the level necessary to cause decarboxylation. Click here to watch a quick video on how to decarboxylate your cannabis.
- Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C (or 130°F/55°C if using the machine at high altitude and/or in a dry climate); then press the 4 Hours/Tincture button.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Strain the Tincture through your PurifyFilter™ into a non-stick saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on an electrical or induction plate on low heat, and bring it to a slow boil.
- Continue cooking for at least 40-45 minutes. Continually stir oil from sides to bottom of the saucepan. When the consistency reaches that of warm maple syrup, you have produced MBO. (Patience is essential—cooking time may vary based on variety of factors.)
- Remove your MBO from heat, and allow it to cool 1 minute before pouring into your storage container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference.
Save $30 on a MagicalButter Machine and Get Free Ground Shipping!
The team at MagicalButter is giving a $30 discount to anyone in the #illegallyhealed community. Click the button below to order today!