Skill level: Easy
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
For the potatoes:
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml Magical Butter
- ¼-⅓ cup/60-80 ml Magical heavy cream
- 2 pounds/900 g russet potatoes
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml chicken base or bouillon
- 12 ounces/340 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded; set aside 4 ounces/115 g to put on top just before baking
For the meat filling:
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter MCT oil
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml fresh, high-quality herb, chopped
- 1 pound/450 g fresh ground lamb or beef, 90% lean (I love to use braised lamb)
- 1 cup/240 ml onion, diced
- 1 cup/240 ml carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth, preferably homemade
- ½ cup/120 ml fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup/120 ml fresh or frozen English peas
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic flour
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml Blood Fire Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml fresh rosemary leaves, chopped (or dry leaves)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh thyme leaves, chopped (or dry leaves)
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml freshly ground black pepper
How-to: Mashed Potatoes
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water, set it on high heat, and bring it to a boil.
- Thoroughly clean the potatoes, and slice them into small pieces.
- Boil them for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes well, and place them into large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and whip with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
How to: Pie
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/170°C.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat the oil for 30 seconds; then add the onions, carrots, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add thyme, rosemary, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the meat, and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Then stir in the flour, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and corn, pour the mixture into a baking pan, and top with the whipped potatoes and cheese.
- Bake your Alan Shepherd’s Pie for 25 minutes, serve, and enjoy. The flavors are out of this world!
Save $30 on a MagicalButter Machine and Get Free Ground Shipping!
The team at MagicalButter is giving a $30 discount to anyone in the #illegallyhealed community. Click the button below to order today!